Check Availability & Rates
Book direct with Mandolin Beachfront Resort – Alexandra Headland Accommodation and receive the best rate, guaranteed.
Your Sunshine Coast holiday can be the perfect time to bond together as a family and get out and about and explore this wonderful region. Stay active on holidays and explore what's on offer only footsteps from Mandolin Resort. There are so many beaches to explore along the long stretch of coastline from Caloundra in the south to Noosa in the north. But apart from this there are many other activities that you can enjoy. Here are a few you can enjoy in walking distance from Mandolin Resort.
1. Walk or cycle the coastal path along the beachfront from Alexandra Headland to Mooloolaba or Maroochydore. Take your time and take in the breathtaking coastal views, you might even catch a breeching what (during whale season may to September) Also look for other marine creatures such as dolphins, turtles and seabirds.
2. Check out the viewing platform and memorial to the ship and crew of the HMAS Brisbane perched atop Alexandra Headland. The memorial offers majestic views overlooking Alexandra Headland beach and Mooloolaba Beach so take it all in. The perch points directly to the ship's final resting place off shore.
3. Explore the rock pools at Alexandra Healand beach or Mooloolaba beach. These rock pools are great to explore (with or without a bucket) at low tide. The pools have sea weeds and algae, limpets, anemones and a seemingly infinite variety of hermit crabs, you might even spot a sea cucumber too!
4. Scale Point Cartwright which offers a high cliff featuring a lighthouse at the top of the coastal headland and provide spectacular views of the entire Sunshine Coast coastline stretching from Caloundra to Noosa. It's often possible to spot migratory humpback whales and turtles as well as ships entering and leaving the Port of Brisbane with views to the east.The grassy slopes provide an excellent location for a picnic.
5. When you're finished exploring for the day, head to the Alex Surf Club which is located just across the road from Mandolin Resort. With no lack of daily entertainment and a choice in dining, enjoy a meal at the Bistro or upstairs at the popular Bluff Bar for breakfast, lunch or dinner! With views that reach across the ocean and along the coastline, it's our favourite place to unwind after exploring what's on offer at Alexandra Headland.
Book your next Sunshine Coast family holiday at Mandolin Resort and enjoy ocean views from any of our spacious 1 and 2 bedroom, family friendly holiday apartments. We'll see you during your next stay! For the month of August, we are offering a 20% off apartment filling special, but be quick as there are only limited spots available!